- Why Xero?
- Automated daily bank feeds
- Fast, simple invoicing
- Can use anywhere and anytime with an internet connection
- Real time collaboration
- Safe and secure data
- Cashflow clarity
- No installation, upgrades or maintenance
- Can I work in Xero offline?
No, you can only use Xero where you have an internet connection or mobile phone signal. Perfect for working remotely.
- Does Xero work with other apps?
Yes. Xero connects with more than 1000 apps, allowing data to flow seamlessly from Xero to third-party apps. From payment platforms like Stripe to CRM systems like Insightly, the Xero App Store makes it easy to find the right apps for your business needs.
- How secure is Xero?
Xero is certified as compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 which is globally recognised as the premier information security management system (ISMS) standard.
- What happens to my data if I cancel my subscription?
If you cancel your subscription, the data in that subscription will be archived and held in the Xero platform in accordance with their data retention policy. While archived, data held within the subscription cannot be accessed by anyone. If you prefer, you can request for the data to be deleted. Once a subscription has been cancelled in Xero, you will still be able to get access to the data in the future for up to seven years, unless you request it to be deleted. This can be done by reactivating the relevant subscription.
- Do I pay for my Xero subscription?
Yes, you directly manage and pay for your Xero subscription. Once we’ve set up your Xero file and ensured everything is running smoothly, we transfer the subscription ownership to you. This approach offers you full control and ownership of your Xero account, allowing seamless access and management. It also ensures transparency and independence in handling your subscription directly, giving you the flexibility to make any changes or adjustments as needed.
- What’s the difference between a BAS Agent and a bookkeeper?
BAS Agents are registered with the Tax Practitioner’s Board which means we are qualified to perform BAS services. We’re also required to abide by a code of professional conduct with its guiding principles of: honesty and integrity; independence; confidentiality; and competence, and maintain a high level of continuous professional education throughout the year.
A BAS Agent performs all bookkeeping tasks.
A bookkeeper can help in assisting you with general bookkeeping duties however is unable to undertake BAS related tasks on a client’s behalf unless they’re an employee.
- What can’t a BAS Agent do?
- Advising about claiming of an allowable tax deduction for super contributions
- Advising about super contribution caps and the effect of exceeding those caps
- Advising on salary sacrificing arrangements and salary packaging
- Advising about fringe benefits tax laws
- Preparation and lodgement of Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) returns
- Varying Pay As You Go Instalments and FBT Instalments that appear on BAS’s (without tax agent input)
- Advising on matters of Income Tax law
- Advising about, preparing and/or lodging income tax returns
- Can I switch to your services if I'm currently using another bookkeeper?
Absolutely! We can facilitate a smooth transition. Contact us, and we’ll guide you through the process of switching to our services seamlessly. We don’t have lock in contracts.
- Do you offer on-site services or is everything done remotely?
Our services are provided remotely from our office (or tent if we’re off camping) but we can arrange to meet at your workplace or a café whenever a catch up is needed.
- How do you ensure the security and confidentiality of my financial information?
We prioritise the security and confidentiality of your financial information through several measures:
Secure Systems: We use reputable and secure accounting systems that employ industry-standard security features to safeguard your data.
Access Control: Access to your financial records is restricted to authorised users only. This includes secure password protocols and limited access based on job roles.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): MFA adds an extra layer of security by requiring users to provide multiple forms of identification before accessing the system.
- How do I pay your invoices?
We make it easy for you to pay our invoices by offering various payment options.
- Bank transfers
- Using our payment gateway Pinch, you can pay by credit or debit cards – we pass the 1.95% + 30c per transaction on to you
- If we find invoices aren’t being paid by their due dates, we may add you to our Pinch direct debit program – fees of 1% + 30c per transaction (capped at $5) are passed on to you.
- What 3rd party apps do you currently use?